Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2021 04:27 PM
Wyoming, ON - The County of Lambton Emergency Control Group met Wednesday, April 28 to discuss updates to the current COVID-19 situation.
At this meeting, the Emergency Control Group:
- Heard that 45,341 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Lambton County, as of April 28, 2021. This is approximately 39% of the eligible population within the County.
- Received an update from Lambton EMS regarding the transfer of hospital patients from the Greater Toronto Area to other hospitals throughout...
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2021 01:43 PM
Point Edward, ON – The Lambton COVID-19 Immunization Task Force met Tuesday, April 27 to discuss updates to the COVID-19 vaccine rollout plan in Lambton County. Here are some highlights from the meeting:
A total of 45,341 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered to date. That represents 39 percent of the eligible population in Lambton County who have received one or more doses (42,742 first dose, 2,599 second dose). This is on track with the Province’s plan to have 40 percent of Ontario adults...
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2021 12:45 PM
Wyoming, ON – Extended closures resulting from provincial orders and public health restrictions have kept Lambton County’s Museums, Gallery and Archives closed to the public in 2021. However, through the innovative use of new, virtual program offerings, staff are continuing to keep visitors engaged while also reaching new audiences across North America.
A key aspect of the Lambton County Museums’ Mandate is to provide educational opportunities for local schools, organizations and the general public....
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2021 11:32 AM
Point Edward, ON – Lambton Public Health (LPH) is investigating an outbreak at North Lambton Childcare Centre – St. Peter Canisius Site (Watford). The outbreak was declared on April 23, 2021 following laboratory-confirmation of positive COVID-19 test results for one staff member and one child.
A child care setting outbreak is declared when there are two or more lab-confirmed COVID-19 cases in children, staff/providers or other visitors in a child care setting with an epidemiological link (e.g., cases...
Posted on Friday, April 23, 2021 03:00 PM
The April edition of This Month in Lambton includes the following news, service updates, programs and events:
- Lakeshore Road Closure
- Emergency Child Care
- Paint Ontario Art Show and Sale Postponed
- Do you know what to do when the next disaster strikes?
- Join a Lambton County Library Online Storytime and Bring the Joy of Reading to your Little Ones
- Lunch and Learns with Lambton County Library
- Expand Your Garden with the Seed Library
- Take free online LinkedIn Learning courses with Lambton...