Posted on Friday, June 04, 2021 12:39 PM
Wyoming, ON – Lambton County Council held their regular meeting via videoconference on Wednesday, June 2, 2021. At this meeting, Lambton County Council:
- Received an update from Lambton County Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Sudit Ranade, regarding the current COVID-19 situation in Lambton County.
- Heard presentations from:
- Judith Morris, Mehdi Sheikhzadeh, and Rob Kardas of Lambton College, regarding Lambton College's Post-COVID Strategy: Project Momentum.
- Sarah Duplisea, Administrative Assistant,...
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2021 12:35 PM
Wyoming, ON – Lambton County Archives is pleased to share a new collaborative community project called “The Young Canuckstorian Project: Hometown Heroes”.
In light of the recent pandemic and the courageous work done by brave frontline workers, The Young Canuckstorian Project: Hometown Heroes celebrates some of the outstanding community leaders from Lambton’s past. The project is spearheaded by local author and illustrator Mickey Maple, whose alter ego is Mike Collier, a recent Premier’s Award Nominee...
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2021 12:33 PM
Point Edward, ON – Lambton Public Health (LPH) is happy to report the region’s vaccine rollout is expanding to offer second doses of a COVID-19 vaccine to the eligible individuals ahead of Health Canada’s 16-week interval timeline, which was originally created to prioritize first doses.
Second dose administration will be distributed according to the age-based and priority sequencing of first doses. As such, LPH is cancelling and re-scheduling all existing second dose appointments in an effort to...
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2021 12:23 PM
Sarnia, ON – The Western Sarnia-Lambton Research Park and Western University are strengthening their partnership.
The County of Lambton Community Development Corporation and Western University have renewed their affiliation agreement in an effort to enhance collaborations across the two regions.
Dr. Katherine Albion, Executive Director of the Western Sarnia-Lambton Research Park, has also been appointed Acting Executive Director of the Western Research Parks for a six-month term, in addition to her...
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2021 12:17 PM
Wyoming, ON - The County of Lambton Emergency Control Group met Wednesday, May 26 to discuss updates to the current COVID-19 situation.
At this meeting, the Emergency Control Group:
- Heard that over 68,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Lambton County, as of Wednesday, May 26. This is approximately 59% of adults aged 18+ in Lambton County who have received one or more doses of vaccine.
- Discussed current COVID-19 case counts in Lambton County. Increases in cases are fluctuating...